The kitchen is modern and well-equipped, with adequate kitchen utensils, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery. Amongst all the bits and pieces, you will find:
- Dishwasher, Washing Machine and Fridge/Freezer
- Electric Oven and Hob, with Extractor Hood
- Microwave, Toaster, Kettle, Coffee Filter machine
- Most kitchen things you might need like a salad ‘spinner’, cheese grater, salad bowls, tea towels, oven gloves etc
- Lots of good quality pots, pans, bowls, glasses etc.
- Iron, ironing board, drying rail (on ground floor)
We don’t keep a stock of these items although there will always be bits and pieces of non-perishable items that are left behind by previous guests. There is usually some tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper etc. but to save you having to buy more than you want whilst here, you could bring a few things with you and similarly, your next guests will very grateful for any consumables you leave behind.
The same applies to all-in-one dishwasher tablets and detergent for the washing machine – we only keep a small supply so it might be worth bringing your own to be on the safe side and avoid having to buy a large box.
There is a good selection of Supermarkets all over the town now but you really need your own transport.
The most convenient/best stocked are:
- Continente Supermarket in the Gran Plaza shopping centre – down to the N125, turn left (East) then Right at the second roundabout (by Mini Preco) and you can’t miss it.
- Mini Preco – the nearest – not on map but on the way to Continente.
- Pingo Doce – down to the N125, turn right (West), over the bridge, straight across the “Sail” Roundabout, then immediately right. You can’t miss it. Well-stocked and good quality selection – better than Mini Preco
- For fresh produce, fruit, veg, fish and meat etc., there is the big market at the South side of the down-town road bridge (not on map)
Most of the smaller shops tend to close between 1300 and 1430/1500. There is a 1 o’clock “hooter” every day to announce this.