Moncarapacho – Take A22 towards Faro, Exit J15 to Moncarapacho, turn Left at the top end of the main street (near Petrol Station)
- Colibri – +351 968 176 680 – Not much to look at but serves the most fantastic “Bif na Pedra” (steak on a stone). At the end of Main Street, park before the small roundabout and walk to the Left. Colibri is on the corner opposite the Post Office. Always full and closed on Saturdays. Always our first port of call – you need to book but they are closed on Saturday!
- Antonio’s – +351 939 163 759 – Halfway down Main Street on LHS, with covered seating on the pavement. Excellent French style menu.
Santa Luzia de Tavira – The next village to the West on the coast – approx 10 mins
- Casa do Polvo – +351 281 328 527 – This is one of the best! Polvo means “Octopus”, and you will never believe there are so many ways to cook it. This is the first restaurant at the Tavira end of the waterfront but be careful, there are two restaurants next door to one another, both with the word Polvo in the name. Casa do Polvo is by far the better of the two, run by Nicole, a German lady who has lived in the area for many years. Closed on Tuesday.
Cabanas – The next town along the N125 heading towards Vila Real. Turn Right opposite Benamor Golf. A few little restaurants here, along the sea front but often very busy and parking can be difficult, so we don’t go there a lot.
- Will add some recommendations soon
Fábrica (close to Vila Nova de Cacela) – Heading further East on N125 to just before the Monte Rei Golf turn-off. Turn Right and follow signs to Fabrica.
- Fábrica do Costa – +351 281 951 467 – Seems to be in the middle of nowhere but this is a pretty little restaurant, right on the waterfront with large car park in front.
Praia Verde – Take A22, come off at J17 and head East on N125. After approx 500m, on the top of the slope, turn Right. Drive all the way to the end and park or you continue on, then round to the left and down the slope towards beach. More parking on LHS
- Pézinhos na Areia – +351 281 513 195 – Right on the beach and a great place for lunch
- Sem Espinhas – +351 281 956 026 – Approx 300m further along the N125. Take the first right turn to Praia Cabeço (the adjacent beach) and drive all the way to the sea. Ample parking at the end.
Vila Real de Santo Antonio
Few Places to follow